Bridestowe first became a Lavender farm in 1922 when Mr Denny a skilled perfumer and his family emigrated to Tasmania from England. Upon arrival they planted Lavender seeds sourced from the French alps in the hopes that the farm would soon be producing a fine, perfumery grade of oil. It took much work and 43 years before the quality of the oil was good enough to meet the exacting standards of the global perfumery market. With Bridestowe on the olefactory map, oil soon started flowing to perfumers around the world and today it can be found in products spanning the four courners of the earth. Chemistry at its best!